Keblinger

Keblinger

Hawaii Day 3 Continued...

| Thursday, July 10, 2008
9:11 pm Hawaii Time

Day 3 Recap

Well after I posted earlier, I pretty much spent all day at the beach...or at least close to the beach. At first we went to the mall where I got to eat some panda, and then we went to this beach, I don't know the name, but I thought it was pretty awesome as we were the only people there. The bus ride took forever as the beaches we went to were on the other side of the island. The first beach had a pretty long sandbar type thing so I could go way out and it was still only knee deep.




Panda Express: The most delicious Panda in Honolulu




The sandbar at the first beach...I was pretty far out.






Gibby and the baby crab we found on the No Gimmicks disc





At the bus stop...a view of beach one.





pondering existence at the bus stop




After the first beach it only got better, Gibby had to go and sign work papers so Kai and I were left to explore. We stopped off a couple of stops later by Kualoa Beach. We walked into a cow pasture and then into an abandoned paintball course before finding a horse trail which provided us a breathtaking view. After that we went back to the beach where we tries to walk about a mile through chest deep water in the ocean to Chinaman's Hat. No Go. It got a little too deep (I guess you need low tide) so we headed back and by now it was close to sunset so we came back starving and met up with Gibby at the Restaurant at the bottom of his apartment building.

Cow pasture and the mountain we walked up with a tree of life right there to top it all off (the tree isn't that special, they're everywhere...still sweet, but everywhere)




On our way up




Amazingly not the best view just yet






yeah








I took this picture while running as there were fire ants eating my feet...damn sandals






Chinaman's Hat...yeah we tried to walk there...I think I'll rent a kayak for this one




A couple of stories were told and I think after along day of a lot of sun we're pretty beat, so we'll probably be hanging out in Gibby's apartment for the night. More greatness tomorrow.



-The Jangler


0 comments: