Keblinger

Keblinger

Hawaii - Day 2

| Tuesday, July 08, 2008
2:52 pm Hawaii Time

Recap of Day 1

I got in at approximately 7pm. Gibby didn't show up till 8 so I had time to snap a couple of pictures around sunset.




After that we went into touristy Waikiki and it was pretty stupid. Still cool cause it was Hawaii and I had a little to drink, stupid because it is definitely a trap and people definitely do stay there even though there is a lot more.


Recap Day 2 before 2pm

Woke up at 7 am after going to bed around 1am. Beautiful view from Gibby's Apartment.


Realized that Gibby was probably going to be asleep forever (which he was, he woke up at 2) so I got his keys and I went out and told him to call me when he was ready to wake up. So I took off, and I went for a walk. After walking around Honolulu for a little, I decided to head off for one of the mountains for a while. I walked about 5 miles to the mountain which was cool because when I got there it was still sunny but it started raining a bit. Here are some pics from that adventure.



Cool Bird




Tree of Life (I think)




Walking along Mountains




Some Foliage


View from Mountain to Mountain



A Japanese Cultural Center


A Little River



?




I got there and it was nice, I only went up a little cause the road seemed a bit dangerous for pedestrians. So I headed back to Honolulu to find Gibby still asleep so I went back (I've walked 15-20 miles today) to the beach at Waikiki, which is beautiful, unfortunately there are a lot of people who are there and that ruins it (who plays volleyball, I mean honestly), but I still had fun swimming in the clear water.


Resting





A mass giant jellyfish migration in some canal. (not really but you woulda believed me)



They thrashed about in this thing for 5 min before giving up...I bet they paid $50 for it



Damn Tourists



...



Some Crazy Trees



After that I came back to the apartment once again and we're headed for whats supposed to be the best beach in the pacific or Hawaii or Oahu. I don't know, but it's supposed to be amazing.


-Jobber Marley

3 comments:

{ Bflo Gal } at: 8:17 AM said...

Hey Jesse-
You tourist you. Those crazy trees are Mangrove trees aka Kukuna-O-Ka-La if you are a local. Looks like you are having a blast.

{ Lou Mang } at: 4:48 PM said...

Little river - isn't that a creek?

{ NYCALady } at: 9:21 PM said...

P.S. I GOT THE JOB!!!! I'm starting Aug. 11!!! Can't wait to tell you details when you're back in B-lo. Have a blast in Hawaii!