Keblinger

Keblinger

Day 6 Continued

| Sunday, July 13, 2008
AS OF NOW THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH PICTURES UPLOADING, BUT THEY"LL BE UP SOON, ENJOY THE VIDEO THOUGH!!!!!


8:39 pm Hawaii Time



Day 6 Recap:

Walked about 8 miles to the Pali Lookout along the highway which I admit is a terrible idea, but it is surreal because as you get close to the lookout it pretty much becomes a jungle, and as I have never been in a jungle, it was a fantastic experience. So I get to the lookout and I get to see these spectacular images. Once again I have a lot more, but this is your taste.






Video of Pali Lookout




SOOOOOOOOOO after I spent sometime checking out the gorgeous view, I started walking on this little trail that headed down. I head down for a while and I reach trails and of course I get lost. Now I'm out in the wilderness with no cell phone reception heading towards who knows where. Kai and Gibson were sleeping so I was on my own for this one. I'm heading along the trail by the highway when one of the guys who I played frisbee with on thursday comes along on the other direction. Not only does he show me the way to go, show me some fruits that are safe to eat, take me on a great trail to a waterfall, show me ancient ruins through a bamboo forest, but I also got a ride home (see Jesse happy to not walk 30 miles during the course of the day). Pics from that journey are to follow.





Now I am just relaxing for the rest of the night. Trips to Maui and Big Island are fast approaching. Also, found out about this place where you can swim with sea turtles. Yea.




-Balanus Podromas

0 comments: