Keblinger

Keblinger

Day 6

| Saturday, July 12, 2008
8:24 Hawaii Time

Quick Day 4 & 5 Recap

I went to pearl harbor on Thursday and went to Lanikai Beach on Friday, which is right next to Kailua. Pearl Harbor was cool but a bit touristy, as in I had to shell out a shitload of cash so I could get slightly claustrophobic in the bowels of battleships which haven't been used in years. I played Frisbee with the locals on Thursday also...remember this as it comes into play later on in my story. Lanikai Beach was absolutely beautiful and there was a good amount of swimming and hanging out and Frisbee tossing (pattern forming maybe???). Here are some pics to go with the story. I have a lot more that I will put online later, but here are some to wet your whistle.




Torpedo





USS Bowfin (a submarine)





Bow of the Bowfin






It was a giant torpedo with a little seat inside and piloting gear. Insane.






Deck of the USS Missouri (a battleship)






Deck of Missouri. USS Arizona Memorial in the distance. Didn't get any pics of that as my camera died at the end of my trip.





From the deck on the Missouri, photo of Ford Island. You weren't allowed to take pictures on the bus ride through the island or across the bridge. For security's sake I'm sure.




Ford Island with some mountains in the background.





American plane from WW2 not a dauntless, looked for it and they didn't have it anywhere, I know, it sucks.





Kai and Gibby on the path to Lanikai







Lanikai Beach






There are beaches out there...I wanted to go so bad. A Kayak should help.





Hopefully I'll be doing that soon.






More Beach






Disc catching.





More soon!! Check Day 6 Continued for more details.



- First Mate Squallington

0 comments: