Keblinger

Keblinger
| Monday, January 26, 2004

I love the 80's and mighty

not really, but im not feeling well and i can't sleep so i decided to take a test ABOUT 80'S MUSIC! yeah, it was good i got a 164.50.



also i saw selig reminiscing about mighty, so i did too, i miss that place, great food and great atmosphere. so of course i took to the web and found this article:

"Buffalo has seen better days. The city's economy is slumping, its sports teams are mediocre, and its mullet population is warranting redneck bait-and-shoot legislation. The once acclaimed City of Light has stopped shining, and is now struggling with its status as a city well into decline, a link on the rust belt. Buffalo doesn't have much to look up to, but it does have tradition. Any Buffalo citizen will let you know what this city lacks in, well, everything, it more than makes up for in its arts, its music, its ethereal architecture and parks, and its food. Speaking of food, Buffalo is the only city in the U.S. (that I've heard of at least, and I've been around) that can boast one restaurant that single-handedly 1) keeps people from leaving the area, 2) gives touring musical acts incentive to come here, and 3) has made Taco Bell it's bitch. That's right, I'm talking about Mighty Taco.

In a city known mainly for its chicken wings, Mighty Taco has been Buffalo’s reigning king of Mexican delicacies for over twenty years now, serving everything from tacos and burritos to fajitas and the greatest desert in the world, the empanada. The food speaks for itself on a level never before seen--or tasted, rather.

They cater to the meat-lover excellently with beef tacos and burritos, chicken and steak fajitas, chicken and steak roastitos, and beef and chicken taco salads. Vegetarians can enjoy meat-free tacos and burritos, as well as a large selection of items off of the side menu. (Most items have cheese; I apologize to the vegan population) Nachos, jalapeno poppers, refried beans, and layered bean dip add to the variety that graces the overall menu.

“Mighty Taco gives me the satisfaction I need when I crave spicy beef. My favorite time to go is past 11:00 at night, because that's when the people you'd rather not be talking to work there, like the fat guy with pimples or the skinny kid with greasy hair. I really like the nachos too,” explained junior English major Dan Cave.

As for variety, Mighty walks the walk. Fajitas and roastitos offer a choice in size, small or large. Lettuce and tomatoes are available for every order. The main option that keeps the crowds coming back to Mighty is the famous question, “Hot, medium, or mild?” It’s empowering to choose just how hot and spicy you want your food to be--the kids love it.

Aside from the food, though, Mighty Taco has become a cultural icon inside Buffalo. I can recall from my own experiences how great a restaurant Mighty truly is. I moved to Buffalo at the young age of 10. My first trip to Mighty occurred when my dad took me out for lunch one summer afternoon. 10 years and one stomach ulcer later, I’ve been there after concerts and graduations. I’ve seen it all from the booths inside Mighty

Taco. I’ve seen people travel from great distances for a chance to eat at the legendary

restaurant. I’ve seen naysayers turned believers with the bite of one taco. The experience

is an intriguing one, and well worth the trip. Food wise, Mighty Taco is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me.

“It’s definitely the best restaurant in Buffalo,” adds junior History major Derek Fleischmann. “I can even throw my tray out after I’m done eating. You can’t beat that with a stick.”

It’s not very hard to find a Mighty Taco; Western New York is home to more than 15 locations. The business hours are set late enough to pick up a late night snack, or head out for dinner after a night on the town. Take a trip during lunch hour and see Buffalo’s business finest, dining in three-piece suits. Take a trip after a concert and see hordes of people, and sometimes even that night’s performers.

Mighty Taco has an established reputation in the Buffalo community, and it will continue to do so for a very long time.

“Might Taco is important to Buffalo because it symbolizes everything Buffalo is about: indigenous, hard-working people. I mean, people drive from hundreds of miles just to eat there--that’s really cool,” said sophomore English major Rodney Peck.

In a world dominated by bad burgers and cold fries, it’s refreshing to know that Mighty Taco can provide excellent food at cheap prices, and always remain as good as the first time you try it. Junior accounting major Mike Abbott summed it up best: “It sure as hell rocks Taco Bell’s ass.” It sure as hell does. "


hell yeah.

and heres another figure that you can easily see when in buffalo...martz playing video games




thats a good long post for a change. please respond with your favorite memories from mighty. my favorite time was when max and dave stayed there forever and i was there for a brief time and i had a contest with obie to see who could scarf a supermighty the fastest, i lost cause i smashed it all over myself thanks to my apple smashing days. if you don't remember then go here. anyways i also like all my conversations with holowka, and just goinng in a seeing people you know. a great place. although i miss it while at pitt, it keeps buffalo special. maybe theyll make a mighty with a bar someday. i have a feeling that a lot of people i know would never leave...ever. Now goodnight and good dreams, all i need is a big screen tv for the super bowl and ill be good.

0 comments: